Who are the Dolphins??
The Dolphins are a competitive summer swim team located in the town of South Orange, NJ. The team is made up of local swimmers from age 6 through 18. Our mission is to provide young people with positive experiences through competitive swimming that will last a lifetime, and have a whole lot of fun!! We are about:
- Developing proper stroke mechanics
- Teaching and emphasizing good sportsmanship and team spirit
- Increasing self-esteem and motivation
- Encouraging hard work, goal setting and goal achievement
- Instilling the values of dedication, commitment and team loyalty
- Encouraging swimmers to strive for excellence at each level of our program
- Providing an environment for our swimmers to reach their maximum potential
Dolphins Swim Team Membership Requirements
- Swimmers must be a member in good standing of the South Orange Community Pool. Pool membership requires a current South Orange Resident Recreation Membership. (Remember, prices for Recreation Membership go up after April 1, so please renew your membership before then!)
- Swimmers must be at least 6 years of age by June 1st, 2021. (No exceptions)
- Swimmers must be able to swim across the pool unassisted.
- The Swim Team registration fee is $135. This fee will include a Dolphins’ t-shirt and 2 personalized swim caps (if registered by May 2nd).
- Other expenses may include the cost of an optional team swim suit ($35-$65) and a nominal contribution for the end of year team party.
- If the North Jersey Summer Swim League operates as usual this season, swim team parents are required to volunteer at two of the eight swim meets.